Safe Environment Policy
Mandated by the Archdiocese of Miami
All clergy, religious, employees and adult volunteers (e.g., liturgical ministers, youth group leaders, etc.) in the parishes, schools and other entities of the Archdiocese of Miami must fulfill the following safe environment requirements:
- Successfully pass a national criminal background screening.
- Participate in the “Virtus” training program, which is provided at many locations throughout the Archdiocese of Miami.
- Sign a Code of Conduct.
There is no cost to the individual for any of these requirements.
For more details, please visit www.miamiarch.org and click “Protecting God’s Children.”
All Annunciation School volunteers must be fingerprinted. Examples of volunteers include room parents, cafeteria/recess volunteers, coaches, field trip chaperones, etc. Fingerprint clearance is good for 5 years. If you have not been fingerprinted by the Archdiocese of Miami’s fingerprint provider and you wish to volunteer, please follow these directions:
- Go to the www.fieldprintflorida.com website to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
- Click “Schedule An Appointment”.
- Create a secure username/password and enter the Fieldprint scheduling system.
- In the Reason why you need to be fingerprinted screen, select the web link: I Know My Fieldprint Code.
- Use the following access code to access the online scheduling tool: FPAOMSchoolVol (The access code is case sensitive)
- Provide your contact and demographic information. The information requested on the site is the information required by FDLE/FBI in order to process the criminal background check.
- At this point the website will prompt you for the required information to find a local collection facility and schedule an appointment. Instructions, directions and maps will be provided online.
- If you have any issues or questions, please contact Fieldprint’s customer service team at (800) 799-1067 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also click the “Contact Us” link on their website.
All Annunciation School volunteers must complete a 3 hour Virtus program sponsored by the Archdiocese of Miami. There is no fee for the Virtus training. You may register for the Virtus training at www.virtus.org. Once training is completed and your attendance is verified by the Safe Environment Office, you may log into your account and print your certificate. Please provide a copy for the school office.